Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving is always held at Mama and Daddys house. Sometimes Mama invites a friend or two that doesn't really have family in the area. This year it was just family though. She invited them as always, but had other plans.

I really missed having Ians dad and Christi there. I think it would have been nice to have them there too, but they stayed home. I know Mama would have loved to have seen Darby. Darby is Johns big lap dog. When I say big, I mean BIG. He is an irish wolfhound, but thinks he is a teacup chihuahua. ;)

John and Christi, I know you will read this, so just wanted to let y'all know you were VERY missed. :)

My older sister Patti has never had a Thanksgiving with our Daddy. We got to talking one day on the phone, and before we knew it, we were making plans for her to come up for Thanksgiving. Originally she was going to stay for a couple of days at my house, but, fate would not have it as my niece Ashley got a new job at a local novelty toy store and had to work the next day so they had to go home that evening.

We had a really nice turnout this Thanksgiving. There was Erin and her boyfriend DJ, which is practically family, we REALLY love him! :) Mama and Daddy of course. Ian, Shelby and myself. Patti, Ashley, and her boyfriend Davey. Davey has been a fixture in Ashleys life for several years now and we like him pretty good too. ;)

This was also a first Thanksgiving for me to have with my older sister. It was just so nice to have all of us together.

There was plenty of food of course. Everyone cooked and brought dishes. I only wish it hadnt ended so soon. Before we knew it Patti, Ashley and Davey were having to hit the road to go home. Patti is like me, we don't see too well after dark, and on unfamiliar roads, it is even scarier for us.

Well, here are some great pictures of our family together at Thankgiving. I hope yours was as wonderful as ours was. :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Helen said...

Looks like everyone was having a great time. Glad that you all have a great Thanksgiving. Helen